Sunday, November 22, 2009

As I took the magazines, the pair of stockings and the tub of icecream from him, I half jokingly said, "You're spoiling me."


Photo by www.frankaugust.com

"Believe me, I would love to spoil the shit out of you," he muttered in reply somewhat under his breath without even looking at me, he emphasized both love and shit.
My stomach hurt, like it had been hit.
He walked out into the kitchen, he walked like I then believed a man should walk, slow with resolve.
Shortly therefater, I decided I should probably leave.
I was grateful to him for something I couldn't really place and expressed the gratitude by lingering too long after I said my goodbye.
Slightly abashed, I got a feeling my awkwardness appealed to him.

2 comments:

  1. I truly love reading of your thoughts.. It is much like a peek into a woman's diary. It is visual and compelling in the sense that, I, seem to be catching a glimpse into a cosely held secret.. Great write
    Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me to just now open a trunk of my dusty old journals, I am going to look through them, maybe they will show me the roadmap of how I got to now

    ReplyDelete