Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ah!


Ah! I am being a good girl to myself, keeping the ex-boyfriend off my mind, but then something stupid happens and I think of the boy again.

During yesterday's shoot, I played "Histoire De Melody Nelson" by Serge Gainsbourg on loop, and it had a soft, sensual and caling affect on me (like "froth on your cappucino on a cold winder morning" a boy said that to me once in highschool, he was referring to me and how I had made him feel. I was 16 and to this day I count this as one of the sweetest compliments I have received, but I digresss...)

So, today playing the same album, which yesterday had calmed me and had me think of nothing but the now, has me thinking of this ex-boyfriend to no end, well not thinking really, more like feeling- but feeling like I am holding a very cold and untasty cappucino, with no sugar to be found and Ah! definitely forget the froth, but this is all I have to drink and I am just so so thirsty, so I just keep holding it, wrinkling my nose at it, not drinking but still not sure I want to dispose of it.

Here are lyrics (better heard then read, but Ah!) to one of my favorites from aforementioned album (and a song most closely related to my end with the ex-boyfriend), "Ah! Melody:"

Ah ! Melody
Tu m'en auras fait faire
Des conneries
Hue hue et ho
A dada sur mon dos
Oh ! Melody
L'amour tu ne sais pas ce que c'est
Tu me l'as dit
Mais tout ce que tu dis est-il vrai?

Ah ! Melody
Tu m'en auras fait faire
Des conneries
Hue hue et ho
A dada sur mon dos
Oh ! Melody
Si tu m'as menti j'en ferai
Une maladie
Je n'sais pas c'que je te ferai

and in English:

Ah! Melody
You'll make me do
Stupid things
Piggyback on my back
Oh! Melody
You don't know what love is
You told me that
But is everything that you say true?

Ah! Melody
You'll make me do
Stupid things
Piggyback on my back
Oh! Melody
If you lied to me I'll do
Something crazy
I don't know what I'll do to you!

The above photo was taken by Chris Brown (no, not thaat Chris Brown), a veteran model of 14 years who has taken up photography as well, and he's not just toying with it, he knows how to use it well too. A soft spoken and grounded man with extraordinary striking looks we spoke for a good hour before we even began shooting. He seems to be more about the connection with the subject behind the lens than shooting "just a pretty model" (speaking of pretty models, you can see him here: http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/misc/ChrisBrown/bio.shtml).
He says of his photographic style: "I love shooting beautifully and naturally... with a hint of eroticism. I'm not so much into vulgar, shocking or ironic... instead, soft sensual, moodiness, vulnerability.... just beautiful."

2 comments: